Converting to an Ohio Title
To convert another state's title when relocating to Ohio, a vehicle owner must obtain an out-of-state Motor Vehicle Inspection and present the original Certificate of Title to any Clerk of Courts title office. All parties appearing as the vehicle owner(s) on the title must appear at the title office unless they are represented by an authorized power of attorney.

If title is held by a lienholder, instructions and forms are available at any title office or may be downloaded here.

Purchasing a Vehicle from Out-of-State
Every state has different processes and requirements for titling a vehicle, so when purchasing a vehicle from out-of-state, please contact the Clerk of Courts titling office for information as to the required documentation.

Out-of-State Motor Vehicle Inspection
When purchasing a vehicle or converting a title that is from another state, an out-of-state Motor Vehicle Inspection is required, and can be obtained from most new car dealers or any Deputy Registrar. This inspection verifies the vehicle's identification number, description, and mileage. Only used vehicles require out-of-state inspections. New vehicles that have never been titled are exempt. Take the completed inspection form along with the required paperwork to any Clerk of Courts title office. There are fees associated with this inspection.

Out of state inspections are available at the following locations:

Fairfield Deputy Registrar
530 Wessel Drive, Suite L
Fairfield, Ohio 45014
(513) 829-6224

Hamilton East Deputy Registrar
1720 South Erie Boulevard
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
(513) 868-2180

Hamilton West Deputy Registrar
744 NW Washington Boulevard, Suite B 
Hamilton, OH 45013
(513) 737-8262

Middletown Deputy Registrar
3232 Roosevelt Boulevard
Middletown, Ohio 45044
(513) 422-7225

West Chester Title Office
4872 Union Centre Pavillion Dr.
West Chester, Ohio 45069
(513) 860-9702